Saturday, January 17, 2009

Forks Girls Takes a Big Step with Home Defeat of Toledo

As I have been watching the scores come in, only one really surprised....no, let's say shocked me. Forks jumped out to a 16-4 lead early in the game and never had to look back. No disrespect to the folks at Forks, but the 61-49 victory over Toledo caught me off guard. I still will change nothing about what I have said about Toledo, but now the Lady Spartans climbs higher in regard to the Girls Evergreen power teams. For the time being, Forks sits atop of the league with a perfect 4-0 league record, there is a lot of miles to travel between now and the end of the season, literally. They have shown that they can play tough on the road with a solid 50-41 win at Onalaska. Will they be able to go to Rainier, Winlock and Toledo and get road wins while still taking care of business with the rest of the league?

No comments:

Post a Comment