Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Official, Kalama Becomes My Favorite for the Trico

It was hardly a blip on anybody's radar screen this morning, but one score buried deep in the list caught my attention.

Kalama 47 Ridgefield 45

I have made it no secret that Kalama and Castle Rock are my favorites in the Trico. After watching powerful Winlock paste the Chinooks earlier this season 61-30 at the Cardinal's "Bird Cage" and then struggle with a 59-45 win at Kalama, I was impressed! Yes, by Winlock and Kalama.

Robby Sanders (#2) has impressed many after the injury to Brandon Walker early in the season.

Since that time, Kalama had done nothing but win.

The next question is how good is Castle Rock? I watched them last week and was mildly impressed in a good defeat of Clatskanie from across the Columbia River in Oregon. A solid front court with shooters and big Zack Gehring in the middle; A formidable force.

One statistic that a few might have missed.

Ridgefield 51 Castle Rock 26.

Regardless, two dates circled on my calendar include January 22nd and February 10th when the Chinooks and Rockets meet home & home!

No comments:

Post a Comment